One of the best parts about fashion is all the ways there are to use it for a bigger purpose. As fun and interesting as it can be just to wear different styles and designers, it always feels good when you know you’re supporting something important at the same time. It seems like a lot of new shoe brands are catching onto that, and creating shoes that make a difference. Here are 5 shoe brands you’ll want to support:
1. Vayarta– Vayarta shoes are very cool, and they’re hand made and hand dyed in Mexico. I love the look and story of these shoes, and they’re sold a lot of stores I already love and trust!
2. TOMS – This is the obvious one. Most people have heard of TOMS and that they are working in 70+ countries around the world to supply shoes and clean water where people don’t have them. They’ve also started programs now to train people in bullying prevention and delivering safe and healthy births.
3. Mohinders – Mohinders is all run by artisans in India. The founder is passionate about building up economies, and not destroying them with handouts, so all products are made in India, by Indians with Indian materials.
4. Ix Style – This company has super cute shoes, and with every purchase you make, some of the money goes to invest in clean drinking water in Guatemala. I can’t even imagine living without clean water, but so glad someone’s doing something about it!
5. Sseko – Sseko hires women in Uganda and trains them to make their shoes. Once the women have graduated from the Sseko program, they receive a scholarship to go to a university and get an incredible, empowering education. I love a lot of their leather styles, but they’re also famous for their ribbon sandals.
Side note: I’m also pretty obsessed with these high-rise mom shorts from Citizens of Humanity. They fit so perfectly and have a super cute waist. I wear their Liya jeans all the time, so the shorts are basically just a nice summer edition of what I already love! I’ll take it.