I travel a lot for various TAKE AIM trips, but this time I’m in Cabo for a few nights! Besides all of the laying on the beach and sipping piña coladas that I’ll be doing, I’m really excited to wear some more fun, interesting looks that I would typically only wear while in Mexico. So just in case you’re planning some trips this summer too, here are 9 things to pack for a tropical vacation:
P.S. You can shop this cute suitcase on sale right now: Bric’s Spinner Trunk
1. Tassel Everything: Tassels are so much fun, but especially for a place like Mexico. For some reason, a little fringe makes me feel more like I belong on an island and in the sun.
2. Fun Patterns: Fun Patterns go hand-in-hand with the tassel looks. When I’m in a new, exotic place, I like to wear new, exotic feeling clothes. I’m excited to wear a few crazier patterns that I would probably never be caught in around LA. Maybe it’s a what-happens-in-Mexico-stays-in-Mexico kind of thing?
3. Off The Shoulders: Off the shoulder looks are a summer staple for me already, so I’ll for sure be bringing some with me on my trip. Despite all of the fun, interesting looks I want to try, it’ll be good to have a few familiar looks around, and off the shoulders are my favorite for feminine looks in the sun.
4. Lace Up Sandals: I’m planning to write a whole post on Lace Ups soon because I’m pretty in love with the look. I wear lace up sandals and shoes around a lot, but this time I’m bringing a pair with some bright colored pom poms!
5. Beach Accessories: Obviously, I’m not going on vacation without some great travel bags and quality sunnies. I’m also throwing in some neon jewelry with lots of beads that I can wear with my swim suits and feel beach-ready.
6. Cute Swim Suits and Coverups: Speaking of swim suits, I’m definitely packing those! I’m planning to spend as much time as possible lounging by the pool (and beach) and completely relaxing. I’m bringing an assortment of high-waisted two-pieces, one-pieces and some traditional bikinis to get minimal tan lines.
7. Skincare for the Sun: I’d like to leave a Mexico vacation with a little more color on my skin, but I still want to be smart about it, so I’m packing plenty of sunscreens, aloes, lotions, and body and hair oils. I especially love those coconut products… so many cool health benefits!
8. Hats: I’m a big fan of hats as a cute accessory to top of an outfit, but it will be really nice to have a little shade from the sun too. The worst thing ever is bad sun burn on the top of your head!
9. Simple Entertainment: I’m planning to have lots of plain ol’ sleeping in the sun time to catch up on rest after a couple of really busy weeks! But, it can’t hurt to bring a few things to do for some easy entertainment. I love a good book or magazine, and I’m really excited to vlog on this trip!