While the rest of the country in buried in snow, I’m here in sunny 75 degrees (def not complaining). I love getting to live in perfect weather almost all year round, but sometimes I do wish I had more opportunity to wear those cute, cozy, wintery outfits. Luckily I’ve had practice trying to look wintery in a warm climate since I’ve lived my whole life in Texas and Southern California, so I think I’ve found some great tricks:
1. Keep yourself cool with a basic skirt or even shorts to start (this is the practical part of the outfit) and fill the rest of your outfit with wintery textures.
2. Throw on a light layer that looks heavy, but isn’t. I love this jacket because it’s probably about the thickness and warmth of a leather moto jacket, but the added fuzz on the outside makes it feel like a much heavier jacket.
3. Pull out any type of boot in your closet. There is such a great variety of boots and all of them feel wintery but not all of them are actually very warm. (I would totally wear these boots in the summer too)
4. Suede is a good go-to. Speaking of my boots, I chose these because I felt like the suede added one more touch of a cold-weather feeling even if it’s subtle.
5. Go for neutral colors. Summer is all about bright colors and care-free vibes, so sometimes I like to go for more blacks and browns when I want a winter vibe. I felt like my orange-brown jacket was jussst the right mix of color and neutral so I didn’t feel too boring, but also didn’t draw too much attention.