It finally rained this week! Yesterday we had real rain that pounded on the windows and made everything feel so cozy and I loveeeed it. I didn’t get the chance to take a rainy day picture (spent the day inside in meetings!) but just trust me — it was amazing.
Recently I wore one of my favorite 2018 trends: the beret. I like that lately there is such a variety of hats that are in style this year (I’ve always been a hat person), but berets are one of my faves because hello Paris. Berets always make me think of Paris in the 1920s and all the sophisticated, timeless styles from that era that we still love today. For those who don’t naturally feel like “a hat person” I think berets can be a little more intimidating since they are somewhat of a statement piece, but once you find one you love, it really can go with almost anything.
I wanted to go for something casual but with a few more wintery, French details so the tweed top was a winner. I’ve been really into camel colors lately (full post on my favorite camel colored pieces here) and I think we can all agree a Chloe bag is always a good idea.
In case you need a few more ideas on how to wear a beret, here are a few beret outfit ideas I have in mind for future:
- A beret with a pop of color (own it as a statement piece!)
- Pair with a flowy dress for an extra feminine French look
- Wear a classic black beret with any statement jacket or dress as the final detail
- All about placement! Tilt a beret to the side for a casual streetwear look, or style it further back to highlight some cute sunnies
- Play around with different textures (loving leather too) and patterns