Cute hats are taking this season by storm! From Fashion Week to daily errands I’m seeing this adorable accessory everywhere. The past few seasons the floppy hat and straw boaters have added a very feminine look to outfits, while this season is going a different direction. I think it’s safe to say that the baker boy cap is the new fall obsession. You can also call this hat the newsboy, cabbie, or page boy cap. This iconic hat traditionally worn by men has now been taken over by the ladies.
There are a lot of things I love about this hat, so I made a list on why I love it!
- Let’s talk about pieces that never go out of style. This cap became popular at the turn of the century, has been seen scattered throughout the years, and has now come back full circle.
- This cap thrives on versatility. Depending on your style, you can add a retro Parisian look to your outfit or make it urban street style.
- You can wear this cap on repeat without getting a second glance, since it looks completely different depending on the outfit. Throw it on with jeans and a tee to finish the look, or add some character to a cocktail dress for a night out.
- Endless hairstyles! You can rock the cap from a pixie cut to long locks. For a chic look you can wear your hair down straight and smooth, or put it back in a low bun or pony. To dress it up add some nice waves and curls that fill out under the cap.
- From tweed to leather! If you want the dapper British look you can get this cap in tweed, or vamp it up with some black leather and studs. Most of these caps in are in neutral colors so that you can wear it with anything, but there are also a lot of fun patterns and textures that you can add to your collection!
- A great solution for a bad hair day!
hats for days
Another trend this season is the baseball cap, or “dad hat”. A sporty element has always been tagged with this hat, but it has gotten a complete makeover this season. From suede to embroidery to sequins, there are so many cute styles of this hat. You can rock an iconic logo, or show your personality with a saying embroidered on the front. Another one of my favorites is a fedora! In the summer you can get a straw style for the beach, and for the fall there are so many gorgeous neutral felt styles. For a very elegant look there’s the bucket fisherman hat, which is perfect for a city girl in the winter with wool or knit.
There are just so many hat styles right now that I’m obsessing over! Check out these babes rocking the “it” hats this season on my Pinterest board!
Loving these different styles for fall, check out some of my favorites!