Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays for two reasons: 1. It’s a good reminder to remember all of the things we each have to be thankful for and 2. My family goes all out with a big Thanksgiving meal and I love to be a part of making 12 dishes come together at the perfect time. While most of the day is a lot of chaos – kids running around, hanging with my family and looking up recipes – it’s one of my favorite things.
For the big meal, I love a good mix of traditional, unique and healthy. I love anything pumpkin, and anything spicy. My favorite home cooked meals that we have each year are the stuffing and all the vegetable dishes like whiskey carrots, bacon brussel sprouts and roasted potatoes (with plenty of gravy!) I made a list of some amazing Pinterest recipes that I came across while deciding what to make – you can check it out in case you’re a last minute planner like me!
Citrus and Herb Butter Roast Turkey
Twice Baked Quinoa Stuffed Butternut Squash
Grilled Butternut Squash with Fresh Ricotta, Pine Nuts, and Sage
Quinoa Sage Stuffing
Roasted Lemon Parmesan Asparagus
Spicy Cranberry Salsa
Butternut Squash & Sweet Potato Soup with Pomegranate
I also love taking the time to really write out what I am thankful for- whether its big, deep, serious things or the little day-to-day pleasures. Here’s what’s on my list this year:
• Living right in the middle of DTLA and all the opportunities I have being in beautiful Los Angeles
• My cute nieces and nephews and for close relationships with my family
• Friends that I can share anything with and all the fellow blogger ladies that I’ve met in the last 4 years
• Matcha lattes and Pumpkin everything
• That my job lets me travel a lot, work for myself and something that I love so much that I lose track of time when I’m doing it
• My faith and the ways I’ve been challenged and grown in the last few months
What are you guys thankful for? Would love to hear.