It’s National Donut Day! I didn’t even know that was a thing, but obviously not mad about it. I decided to celebrate by grabbing a Lemon Thyme Pistachio donut at Birdies in downtown LA (yum) and I put together a list of my favorite LA donut shops:
1. The oh-so-instagrammable donut
– California Donuts – cute animal themed ones!
2. The actually-not-that-bad-for-you donut
– Sidecar Doughnuts – made from scratch with fresh ingredients and no preservatives
– Fonuts – baked or steamed with gluten-free and vegan options
3. The feel-like-a-foodie donut
– Donut Friend – customizable and super creative
There are pretty much endless donut options around LA, but the real question is: Is it “Donut” or “Doughnut”? And when is National Pie Day? I’ll be there.