Whether it’s a spring vacation or you’re already planning for summer: it is officially swimsuit season. I’m hoping to find some cute floaties this year (love the giant donuts and pink swans) and fully enjoy some relaxing days in the sun. It’s a great time to shop for swimwear since most of the latest swimwear trends are coming to stores right about now and maybe there’ll be some sales?? Either way, here are 5 swimwear trends to wear this year:
shop all the cute swimwear
1. Bold Colors: A lot of suits are playing with bold colors right now with color block looks and stripes. There are a lot of ways to incorporate color block, but one style I like is the one piece suits that have one color on top and one color on the bottom, with a cute tie in the middle. It ends up looking like kind of a fun mix between a one piece and a two piece! This one is from KORE.
2. High Waisted: High waisted tends to be really flattering on everyone, and I love the retro feel, especially with a bandeau top. It really helps to try these one before purchasing (or find somewhere online with free returns) so you can make sure you like the fit on your legs and waistline.
3. Details: There are so many cute details out there this season as well. I picked out this suit from REVOLVE because I loveeeed the tassel details. I also love the knots, ties and crochet that a lot of suits have, making them feel really summery and laid back. The other detail I’ve seen a lot is scalloped edges. Marysia has a lot of scallop edged suits – so cute.
4. One pieces: I love that one pieces are in right now because there are so many gorgeous, classic looks. A lot of them have interesting cut outs and cute backs, but I loved this super simple brown one from Marysia.
5. Coverups: There are a ton of cute coverups out there right now! I love the ones with tassels or frills. Typically I’m willing to go more colorful and girly with my coverups than I would with a normal outfit.